Dodge Viper Cup Series Kicks Off Inaugural Season on VERSUS
Virginia International Raceway Hosts First Two Viper Cup Races
* Ten-race spec series features new Dodge Viper ACR-X – “the” ultimate special-edition model of America’s ultimate sports car
* VERSUS to televise all 10 events in 30-minute show format
* MICHELIN signs on as official tire sponsor
* First two races of Viper Cup series celebrity driver program will feature Shaun Bailey of Road and Track magazine and Army National Guard Sergeant Mike Kohn of U.S. Olympic bobsledding fame
* Growing interest in the new series leads Dodge to produce 25 additional 2010 Viper ACR-X models
July 9, 2010 , Auburn Hills, Mich.
The next chapter in the racing legacy of the Dodge Viper is about to be written when 12 Dodge Viper ACR-X race cars take to the track to begin the 2010 Dodge Viper Cup series season at Virginia International Raceway (VIR) in Alton, Va., July 10-11, 2010.
“The Dodge Viper ACR-X is designed and built specifically for the race track,” said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO, Dodge Brand. “Now with VERSUS on board, race fans will have the opportunity to see our untamed and unmatched road-racing machine along with some of our talented Viper owner/drivers compete on five of the best road courses in the county as part of the Dodge Viper Cup series.”
Event Coverage on VERSUS
VERSUS, the fastest growing sports cable network in the U.S. will televise each of the 10 series races in 30-minute shows approximately two to three weeks after each race. Viewers should check local listings for the 2010 Dodge Viper Cup series schedule on VERSUS. If fans miss a certain race, each 30-minute show also will re-air on VERSUS at various times throughout the season.
Click Read more for the full release