Have you ever seen a car burnout on slow motion? I bet you’ve seen, but what about a burnout shot with 1000 frames per second high quality camera? And in addition to that put some muscle car – Chevy Camaro SS! Join the two fearless human crash test dummy stunt drivers, Garrett Hammond and Vanessa Vander Pluym, as they take it to the redline and beyond using their high-tech test lab equipment. Click on read more to watch the video!
Posts Tagged ‘2012’
2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Debuts As Most Powerful Production V8 in the World with 650 Horsepower, Top Speed of 200+ MPH
- New Ford Shelby GT500 is powered by an aluminum 5.8-liter supercharged V8 producing 650 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful production V8 engine in the world
- Nearly every vehicle system has been optimized including powertrain, brakes, gearing and suspension
- New Shelby GT500 sets a performance-driven design standard with new downforce- generating front grilles, aggressive splitter, new quad exhaust system and two new forged-aluminum wheels
- Also new for 2013 is an optional Performance Package with SVT-designed Bilstein electronic adjustable dampers and a Torsen limited-slip differential. The offering can be coupled with a track package for all-out racetrack performance
DETROIT – With supercar levels of performance and technology, the 580-horsepower (432-kW) Camaro ZL1 can reach 170 mph (273 km/h) on the famed Nürburgring’s Nordschleife course in Germany. To maintain stability and steering response at that speed, the ZL1 features an aerodynamic design that generates downforce to press the tires against the track.
“The Camaro ZL1 lapped the Nürburgring in an incredible 7:41.27 seconds, which would not have been possible without work of our aerodynamics team,” said Al Oppenheiser, Camaro chief engineer. “The design of the ZL1 creates downforce like a race car, harnessing air pressure to press the tires against the track for extra grip and control at high speeds.”
Most production cars are designed with some lift at speed slip through the air for improved fuel economy. The Camaro LS and Camaro SS are no exceptions, enabling the Camaro LS to deliver 323 horsepower (241 kW) and up to 30 mpg on the highway.
Design for high-speed track capability takes in other considerations.
For the ZL1 – the fastest Camaro ever – the aerodynamics team set out to generate downforce for improved handing at speed while minimizing the amount of increased drag that could reduce fuel economy and the vehicle’s top speed. With the computer-assisted design recommendations, engineers tested full-scale clay models and full-size prototypes in the General Motors’ wind tunnel – shaping clay and trimming foam board by hand to affect changes and measure them immediately.
Outside of the aerodynamics laboratory, engineers tested the ZL1’s aero aids on GM’s Milford Road Course, other race tracks and the unique “rolling road” wind tunnel at the Auto Research Center in Indianapolis.
When the dust settled and the wind-tunnel blades came to a stop, the Camaro ZL1 produced 65 pounds of downforce at an equivalent 150 mph (241 km/h) – compared to 200 pounds of lift in a Camaro SS – which was offset by an increase of only 40 counts of additional aerodynamic drag. Read more! Watch the video!
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 13, 2011 – When Ford Designer Melvin Betancourt created a one-of-a-kind 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca for auction at an upcoming charity event to benefit cardiovascular care, research and education at Henry Ford Health System, he says it was a labor of love that came straight from the heart.
Betancourt, 49, suffered a serious heart problem 11 years ago, and he credits the doctors at Henry Ford with saving his life.
“I went to the doctor thinking I had a bad cold and the specialists at Henry Ford told me I had what is called an aortic dissection – a tear in the major blood vessel that carries blood away from the heart to the body,” recalled Betancourt. “As a result, my aorta had grown to the size of a softball, and I needed immediate open-heart surgery.”
If left undetected, aortic dissections can lead to sudden death. Read more!
Dodge to Offer Mopar Packages on New 2012 Charger Pursuit
Mopar teams up with industry-equipment leader Crown North America to deliver an all-new 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit
- Option packages offer one-stop shopping for law enforcement customers
- Dodge Charger Pursuit offers choice of two engines: aluminum 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, which delivers 292 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, offers E-85 flex-fuel capability and up to 27 highway miles per gallon (mpg). For best-in-class power, Dodge Charger Pursuit’s legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with Fuel Saver Technology delivers 370 horsepower, 390 lb.-ft. of torque and up to 25 highway mpg
- Standard 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty; standard 3-year/36,000-mile warranty on Mopar equipment
- 24 Mopar parts may be ordered separately
- Police packages now available for ordering
September 7, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – Dodge and Mopar® are in hot pursuit of police car sales.
Today Dodge and Mopar announced six all-new quality-tested and factory-installed police-equipment packages for the high-performance 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit. Vehicles are ready-for-duty right from the manufacturer.
“Mopar is adding even more value to our all-new 2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “We are adding proven, quality-tested tactical equipment to this pursuit vehicle and creating a one-stop shop for police customers. With six quick-order packages, police departments have the ability to customize their vehicles to exact specifications.”
To enhance Dodge Charger Pursuit’s world-class levels of technology, safety, handling and efficient power, Mopar teamed up with industry-equipment leader Crown North America to develop six police packages that are designed to provide law-enforcement officers with the best combination of tactical equipment and performance. These police-equipment packages feature emergency lighting, audible warning, communications and safety equipment. Industry-leading suppliers involved in the development include Whelen Engineering, Setina Manufacturing and Havis, Inc.
“With rear-wheel-drive, best-in-class V-8 power, seven air bags and up to 27 miles per gallon during highway cruising, the Dodge Charger Pursuit is an excellent police car on its own merits,” said Reid Bigland, President and CEO – Dodge Brand. “Our partnership with Mopar to produce these six police packages takes the car to the next level by allowing our customers to customize their cruisers to meet their specific needs.” Read more!
STURGIS, S.D., Aug. 9, 2011– The 2012 Ford Harley-Davidson™ F-150 delivers on the custom cool design that the lineup has been known for, with new snakeskin leather interior accents, a new stylized bodyside graphic and a new wheel and premium paint color. Combine that with a standard 6.2-liter V8 engine and plenty of technology, and it delivers power, capability and style like no other.
“This is a great pairing of two icons of the open road: Ford and Harley-Davidson. Both brands appeal to truck owners and motorcycle enthusiasts alike,” said Marc Lapine, Ford F-150 marketing manager. “For 2012 we worked with Harley-Davidson to continue to push the styling envelope while still delivering the durability and power that F-150 is known for and that our collective customers expect. It perfectly captures both brands.”
The successful collaboration between Ford and Harley-Davidson has produced 10 F-150 models, as well as six Super Duty F-250 and F-350 models, and in 2009 the first Harley-Davidson F-450 edition truck. Ford has sold more than 70,000 Ford Harley-Davidson F-Series trucks since the brands teamed up in 1999. Read more!
Plymouth Twp, MI (August 3rd, 2011): Effective immediately, ROUSH Performance has received approvals from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) to sell their ROUSHcharged 2012 ROUSH Stage 3 Mustangs in all fifty states.
“This is certainly exciting news for ROUSH Performance, our Dealers and Mustang enthusiasts,” says Gary Jurick, VP/General Manager of ROUSH Performance. “Our engineering teams worked closely with various government agencies throughout the entire emissions testing process to receive final approvals.
The 2012 RS3 offers ROUSHcharged performance, handling and styling while also complying with all of the federal emissions requirements. We’re now in the process of working with our Dealers in all 50 states on their RS3 vehicle ordering needs.”
The 2012 ROUSH Stage 3 Mustang continues to be a huge hit with the Mustang community. The 5.0L base engine is ROUSHcharged to 540HP and 465 ft/lbs of torque. The renowned ROUSH Performance suspension is capable of pulling over 1G of lateral force. The graphics and interior styling offers a variety of options and upgrades new to the 2012 platform. ROUSH Performance stands behind their RS3 performance vehicle with a 3yr/36,000 mile full powertrain warranty. Read more!
- Proven 392-cubic inch (6.4-liter) HEMI® V-8 engine offers 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque across a wide rpm range while delivering up to 23 miles per gallon
- New two-mode adaptive damping suspension system offers selectable suspension tuning and automatically adapts to road and driver inputs for optimal vehicle control
- New, exclusive SRT® heated steering wheel features mounted paddle shifters for hands on the wheel shifting both on road and at the race track
- New 18-speaker Harman Kardon® audio system, with innovative GreenEdge® technology is available with 900 watts of power
- Newly formed SRT brand led by President and CEO Ralph Gilles will continue to build benchmark high-performance vehicles for the Chrysler Group
The 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 accelerates from 0-60 mph in the high 4-second range; runs the quarter mile in mid-12-second range with the automatic transmission (high 12-second range with the manual); goes from 0-100-0 mph in the low 15s, reaches a top speed of 182 mph with the manual transmission (175 mph with the automatic) and stops from 60-0 mph in just 117 feet. Read more!
- Two previous Transformers films helped make Camaro America’s best-selling sports car for 2010 and 2011
- 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro Coupe allows fans around the world to get behind the wheel of Bumblebee
DETROIT – The Chevrolet Camaro returns as the Autobot “Bumblebee” in Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which opens exclusively in 3D Tuesday and worldwide Wednesday. To celebrate, Chevrolet will offer a 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro Coupe to Bumblebee fans in the United States, Canada, China, Japan, Europe, South America, and the Middle East.
“The Transformers franchise has helped introduce Camaro – and Chevrolet – to a whole new generation of fans,” said Rick Scheidt, vice president of Chevrolet marketing. “Its role in the films helped make the Camaro the best-selling sports car in America, and one of the best-known cars of any kind around the world.” Read more!