The contemporary automotive world uses innovative marketing schemes in order to create a deep connection between vehicles and consumers. This is exactly what Ford is trying to do with its latest initiative, as the company is asking the Mustang’s Facebook community to come up with a name for the Performance Package offered on the V6 Mustang.
The community, which has over 940,000 members was asked to submit ideas for names, with these being posted in a special gallery on the Mustang’s Facebook page, where the top five will be voted by the public. Subsequently, Ford will choose one of these names.
The winner, which can be proud of the fact that he/she has brought a contribution to the Mustang legend, will receive a two-year lease on a 2012 Mustang V6 with the Performance Package. Read more!
The entries can be submitted through mid-December, with Ford also allowing participants to use the company’s Los Angeles Auto Show stand in the process.
“The V6 Performance Package is a great example of what’s at the core of Mustang – fun, fast and affordable,” said Amy Marentic, Ford group marketing manager. “It makes sense for us to continue the accessibility of the package by having our fans help name it, and it’s a fun and unique way to engage enthusiasts.”
The 2012 Mustang Performance Package includes:
• A 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
• Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
• Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
• Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
• Unique 19-inch wheels
• Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
• Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
• A strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
• Unique electronic stability control calibration with sport mode for performance driving
• Unique badging