Q. WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO ORDER AND BUILD AN SLP ZL427 or ZL454 CAMARO?
A: It requires the use of a Chevrolet Camaro 1SS or 2SS model. This package is available with the
6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.
Camaro ZL427 is based off the V8 L99 400 HP engine with 6 speed automatic transmission.
Camaro ZL454 is based off the V8 LS3 426 HP engine with 6-speed manual transmission. Click on Read more!
• SLP PowerFlo® Axle-Back Exhaust System with 4” Dual Wall Tips – SLP’s axle-back exhaust system was designed and tuned specifically for the new Camaro ZL®. The resulting tone is deep, rich and powerful – a perfect blend of Muscle Car and Grand-Touring sound quality. The system features polished 304 stainless steel mufflers, mandrel-bent stainless steel pipes and 4” diameter, dual-wall, uniquely shaped exhaust tips that fit the factory rear fascia openings.
Note: Units equipped with GM dealer installed ground effects will receive the appropriate tips to fit the openings.
• SLP Blackwing® Cold Air Induction System – SLP pioneered this power-enhancing technology many years ago on the fourth generation Camaro. This technology is now incorporated in our normally aspirated Camaro ZL® packages. The Blackwing® Cold-Air Induction System replaces the restrictive, power robbing factory air filter with a high-flow reusable Blackwing® filter and includes an OEM quality, black-finished polypropylene high-flow intake tube for improved performance.
• SLP PCM Reprogrammer with Custom Tune – This performance optimized PCM upgrade is a dynometer developed, non-adjustable tuning improvement that helps to achieve the 427HP or 454HP output of the package.
• 25% Under Drive Pulley/Balancer – Reduces accessory drive speed, thereby increasing the engine’s power output, resulting in the 427HP or 454HP.
• SLP Rear Spoiler Painted Body Color (*Design Patent Pending) – OE Quality Composite Rear Spoiler is taller and more aggressive than the stock spoiler, providing increased down- force at higher speeds.
• SLP 20” 5-Spoke Red Line Wheels with Machined Spoke Face & ZL® Center Caps (*Patent Pending)– OE Quality Aluminum Alloy Wheels feature a Powder Coated Red Line at outer edge of rim, reminiscent of the early Camaro’s Red Line Tires. Light weight 20″x8″ front and 20″x9″ rear wheels provide the same offset and width as the factory wheels.
• Rear Tail Light Panel Graphic in Gloss Black – This feature was part of the early Camaro heritage, signifying that the car had the larger engine option.
• Rear Quarter Panel Gill Insert Graphics From Fade To Gloss Black – Reminiscent of the early Camaro gill accents; they also were part of early Camaro heritage.
• Three ZL427 or ZL454 Three Dimensional Exterior Body Badges – These three dimensional badges feature a Chrome Face with Red ZL letters and White numbers, similar to the early Camaro badges.
• ZL427 or ZL454 Embroidered Premium Front Floor Mats - Every Camaro ZL® comes with a set of premium quality front floor mats with the ZL427 or ZL454 logo embroidered on both mats.
• Leather (Faux) Bound Portfolio, Owner’s Manual and Window Sticker - Comes with a Camaro logo pen, note pad, tire tread depth gauge, owner’s manual supplement and duplicate window sticker.
• SLP RTM Hood with Functional Heat Extractor Scoop (Design Patent Pending) & Fascia Closeout Panel - OE quality Composite Hood is the same weight as the stock hood and includes the factory designed crush initiators and hardware, providing a more aggressive performance image. It includes an injection molded insert to close the opening in the front fascia which is painted body color. $2,995
• Rally Style Dual Painted Stripes in Black, White, Silver or Hugger Orange (Gloss Finish) – Another heritage feature, available on early Camaro SS, RS and Z28s. The stripes are painted in a non-metallic high-gloss finish and clear-coated, using the same clear finish that the factory supplies, providing a lasting finish that won’t fade. Please note: These stripes are only available with optional RTM Hood. $995
• Heritage-Style Hockey Stick Side Stripe Graphics in Black, White, Silver or Hugger Orange (Gloss Finish) – Distinctively different from the factory supplied side stripes and more reminiscent of the early Camaro stripes. $325
• SLP Sport Suspension Spring Package - SLP’s Sport Suspension Package is specially tuned and engineered for the new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. By lowering the chassis 1.0” in the front and rear, it gives the Camaro ZL® a more aggressive stance, lower center of gravity and delivers even more response and control in high speed cornering. $1,095
• SLP Adjustable Sway Bar Package – SLP’s optional performance front and rear sway bar package with adjustable links provides a cost effective upgrade that will significantly improve traction and the overall handling of the vehicle. These tubular bars are 29mm in diameter compared to the factory 23mm bars. $795
• ZL427 or ZL454 Logo Silver Fabric Car Cover – To protect the finish of your Camaro ZL®, each vehicle includes a silver fabric car cover that reflects the sunlight and helps protect it from the elements and against harmful UV rays. Each cover includes the distinctive ZL427 or ZL454 logo silkscreened up front, a locking cable and a tote bag. $250
• Heritage-Style SS® Badge for Grille & Rear Panel – GM Official Licensed Product; replaces Bowtie. $100
• SLP Grille Insert – This SLP grille insert provides a landing pad to accept the SS® badge; replacing the GM supplied Bowtie emblem. (Required option when Heritage SS® badge is selected.) $100
All photo credits go to camarojoe on camaro5.com.