- 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 engine delivers 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque for power across a significantly wider rpm range
- Fuel Saver Technology with all-new active valve exhaust system improves fuel efficiency by an estimated 25 percent on the highway
- New, exclusive SRT heated steering wheel features mounted paddle shifters for hands on the wheel shifting both on road and at the race track
- Two-mode adaptive damping suspension allows for selectable suspension tuning and also automatically adapts to road and driver inputs for optimal vehicle control
- 19-speaker Harman Kardon® audio system with innovative GreenEdge® technology is standard with 900 watts of power
Newly formed SRT brand led by President and CEO Ralph Gilles will continue to build benchmark high-performance vehicles for the Chrysler Group
July 15, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – The Dodge Charger SRT8® makes a return to the performance car market in 2012 bringing intelligent performance features and more power to the brand’s iconic four-door fastback coupe.
New for the 2012 Charger SRT8 is the 470 horsepower 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 that features 45 more horsepower and 50 more lb.-ft. of torque across a significantly wider rpm range, new exhaust system technology for improved fuel efficiency, along with new paddle shift technology and adaptive damping suspension for optimal driver control.
Performance numbers for the 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 include 0-60 mph acceleration in the high 4-second range; quarter mile in the high 12-second range; 0-100-0 mph in less than 16 seconds; top speed of 175 mph and stopping power from 60-0 mph in 120 feet. Read more!