Posts Tagged ‘srt’
- Proven 392-cubic inch (6.4-liter) HEMI® V-8 engine offers 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque across a wide rpm range while delivering up to 23 miles per gallon
- New two-mode adaptive damping suspension system offers selectable suspension tuning and automatically adapts to road and driver inputs for optimal vehicle control
- New, exclusive SRT® heated steering wheel features mounted paddle shifters for hands on the wheel shifting both on road and at the race track
- New 18-speaker Harman Kardon® audio system, with innovative GreenEdge® technology is available with 900 watts of power
- Newly formed SRT brand led by President and CEO Ralph Gilles will continue to build benchmark high-performance vehicles for the Chrysler Group
The 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 accelerates from 0-60 mph in the high 4-second range; runs the quarter mile in mid-12-second range with the automatic transmission (high 12-second range with the manual); goes from 0-100-0 mph in the low 15s, reaches a top speed of 182 mph with the manual transmission (175 mph with the automatic) and stops from 60-0 mph in just 117 feet. Read more!
- Newly formed SRT® brand sticks to successful vehicle development formula using five proven hallmarks, including awe-inspiring powertrains; outstanding ride, handling and capability; benchmark braking; aggressive and functional exteriors; and race-inspired and high-performance interiors to remain true to its performance roots
- Expansion of SRT vehicle lineup in 2012 includes four new vehicles that are world-class performance contenders and deliver latest in safety technologies and creature comforts
- Common 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 powertrain has latest advance technologies for best-ever horsepower, torque and fuel efficiency ratings
The launch of SRT as the company’s performance brand comes as three additional vehicles are set to rejoin the 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8® in the expanding SRT lineup. Making their returns to the vehicle lineup are the 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8, 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8 and 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. Read more!
- 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 engine delivers 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque for power across a significantly wider rpm range
- Fuel Saver Technology with all-new active valve exhaust system improves fuel efficiency by an estimated 25 percent on the highway
- New, exclusive SRT heated steering wheel features mounted paddle shifters for hands on the wheel shifting both on road and at the race track
- Two-mode adaptive damping suspension allows for selectable suspension tuning and also automatically adapts to road and driver inputs for optimal vehicle control
- 19-speaker Harman Kardon® audio system with innovative GreenEdge® technology is standard with 900 watts of power
Newly formed SRT brand led by President and CEO Ralph Gilles will continue to build benchmark high-performance vehicles for the Chrysler Group
July 15, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – The Dodge Charger SRT8® makes a return to the performance car market in 2012 bringing intelligent performance features and more power to the brand’s iconic four-door fastback coupe.
New for the 2012 Charger SRT8 is the 470 horsepower 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 that features 45 more horsepower and 50 more lb.-ft. of torque across a significantly wider rpm range, new exhaust system technology for improved fuel efficiency, along with new paddle shift technology and adaptive damping suspension for optimal driver control.
Performance numbers for the 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 include 0-60 mph acceleration in the high 4-second range; quarter mile in the high 12-second range; 0-100-0 mph in less than 16 seconds; top speed of 175 mph and stopping power from 60-0 mph in 120 feet. Read more!
Chrysler Group Announces Management Changes
June 7, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – Chrysler Group LLC today announced the following management team changes.
Fred Diaz is appointed President and CEO of Chrysler de Mexico, which includes responsibility for Latin America. Diaz continues in his current role as the President and CEO of the Ram Truck Brand.
Reid Bigland is named President and CEO of the Dodge Car Brand and head of U.S. Sales. Bigland continues as President and CEO of Chrysler Canada. In addition, the Company appointed David Buckingham to the newly created role of Chief Operating Officer of Chrysler Canada, reporting to Bigland. Previously, Buckingham was Vice President – Sales, Chrysler Canada. Read more!
Speed and Agility of 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 to be Showcased During Upcoming One Lap of America
April 27, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – The Dodge brand and Chrysler Group’s Street and Racing Technology (SRT) team are joining forces for a return to the Tire Rack One Lap of America competition sponsored by Motor Trend magazine.
After a two-year hiatus, a stock 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392, driven by SRT engineers Erich Heuschele and Adam Forte, will compete in the SSGT2 Big Bore class, beginning on Saturday, April 30, 2011, at Tire Rack’s test track in South Bend, Ind.
A test of both driver and vehicle endurance, the weeklong competition features more than 70 vehicle entrants that will travel more than 3,500 miles from venue to venue in addition to running various timed events at 10 venues. Read more!
It seems that Chrysler’s upcoming 6.4-liter V-8 gasoline engine will only be available for the SRT vehicles and not Ram Heavy Duty pickup trucks. Joe Veltri, Chrysler vice president of product planning, said “it’s designed for performance, not low-end torque. It’s designed for off-the-line 0-to-60 times.”
He also added “it’s a struggle to recrank that engine to make it a truck engine.” As we can see, Chrysler maybe needs a gas engine with more horsepowers than the current 383 horsepower, 400 pounds-feet of torque 5.7-liter Hemi V-8 used in the Ram HD trucks.
Actually, in the heavy-duty segment between gasoline and diesel engines there is a tendency – from 75%/25% to 70%/30% today and maybe 60%/40% in the future (gas/diesesl). And the price of the diesel engines is rising up.
Musclevehicles.com – The Ultimate Blog for American Muscle Cars and Muscle Vehicles
Powered by the regular 5,7L HEMI V8, the Challenger Furious Fuchsia features dual throwback A-line body-side R/T stripes in Matte Black or Bright White, “Challenger” fender badges in classic script, 20-inch polished-aluminum heritage wheels and functional hood scoop and bright racing style fuel-filler door.
In addition to these, a dark headliner and slanted shifter console are available, as well as Pearl White performance seats accented with Dark Slate Gray and Furious Fuchsia French-seamed stitching.
The even more exciting Dodge Challenger SRT8 in Furious Fuchsia features Pearl White leather SRT performance seats with Furious Fuchsia accented stripe, unique 20-inch SRT forged-aluminum wheels with Satin Black accents, serialized dash plaque indicating the limited production series of 400 and retro-inspired chromed quad-exhaust tips.
“Sum it all up, and Dodge is delivering a muscle-car tribute that no other manufacturer can even match”