Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) will unveil a trifecta of speed and power at the 2015 SEMA Show on Tuesday, November 3rd at 10 am Pacific time at the Shell Pennzoil display - booth 60005 located near the main entrance of the Las Vegas convention center.
2016 Hennessey Venom GT
Leading the pack will be Hennessey’s flagship hypercar, the Venom GT now boasting a maximum power output of 1451 bhp @ 7200 rpm, a gain of 207 bhp over the previous generation Venom which clocked a top speed of 270.4 mph at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida in 2014. Horsepower and torque are increased thanks to having the ability to run E85 Flexfuel which allows its 7.0L twin turbo V-8 engine to increase boost pressure from 19 psi to 26 psi.
“Being the fastest matters”, said company founder and president, John Hennessey. “We are intent on keeping the Venom as the fastest, best performing and most exciting hypercar on the road”.
Sticky Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires will put the Venom’s power to the ground via GPS-based traction control system. Combined with a curb weight of just 2743 lbs (1244 kg) the Venom GT continues to offer an unmatched power to weight ratio.
- 0-60 mph: 2.4 sec.
- 0-100 mph: 4.4 sec.
- 0-200 mph: 12.8 sec.
- ¼ mile: 9.4 sec. @ 167 mph
- 0-300 kph: 10.9 sec.
- 0-400 kph: 18.1 sec.
- Top Speed: 280+ mph
“We only plan to produce a handful of Venom GT’s in 2016 as we are also preparing for our next evolution, the Venom F5”, said Hennessey. “We plan to demonstrate our improved power and performance both in terms of straight line acceleration as well as road course handling and lap time performance”.
Rounding out Hennessey’s trio of vehicles at the 2015 SEMA Show are:
2016 HPE750 Supercharged Ford Mustang Convertible
2016 VelociRaptor 650 Supercharged Ford F-150 Pick-up truck
- 774 HP 5.0L V8 engine
- 0-60 mph: 3.2 seconds
- Supercharger system producing 9 psi boost
- Hennessey CarbonAero carbon fiber front splitter, side sills, and rear lip spoiler
- Hennessey H10 light weight wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
- Brembo racing brake upgrade, front and rear
- The HPE750 Supercharged Mustang is the first and only 2015 Mustang to attain a verified top speed of 200 mph. One such car recently ran 207.9 mph on Jay Leno’s Garage on CNBC.
- 650 HP 5.0L V8 engine
- 0-60 mph: 4.9 seconds
- Supercharger system producing 7 psi boost
- Fox suspension upgrade
- Heavy duty front and rear bumpers
- 20 inch Hennessey wheel and tire upgrade
- Fender flares
- Skid plates
- Why wait for the 2017 Raptor when you can have a 650 HP Supercharged Hennessey VelociRaptor Ford F-150 truck now?
“I’ve been coming to the SEMA Show for the past 24 years and I’m more excited than ever to share our latest and greatest vehicles”, said John. “From wild to mild, our special cars and trucks continue to deliver a driving experience of the highest order”.