As production of the lighter, more powerful, more advanced 2016 Camaro grows near, Chevrolet revealed more details to help customers tailor their Gen Six exactly how they want it, including pricing information and an online visualizer.
The 2016 Camaro offers higher levels of performance, technology and refinement, starting at a suggested retail price of $26,695 for the Camaro 1LT, while the most powerful Camaro SS ever starts at $37,295 for the 1SS.
The new accessories visualizer allows customers to view many personalization features on the 2016 Camaro, including interior and exterior colors, wheels, stripes, and accessory options.
“The all-new 2016 Camaro builds on what made the Camaro the segment leader for five years,” said Todd Christensen, Camaro marketing manager. “It will reset the bar in the segment with even greater levels of performance, new technologies not found on any other car in the segment, and more choices that enable customers to take personalization farther than ever before.”
The 2016 Camaro is offered in coupe and convertible body styles, and a simplified model lineup with just two models (LT and SS) and four trim levels (1LT, 2LT, 1SS, and 2SS).
“The 1LT trim level has long been one of the most popular for Camaro,” said Christensen. “We expect it will be even more popular as the 2016 Camaro 1LT is priced less than the 2015 model and offers significantly more standard features and technologies.”
New standard features that were either unavailable or optional on the 2015 model include:
- Chevrolet MyLink with Apple CarPlay capability
- OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot
- Driver Mode Selector with Snow/Ice, Tour and Sport modes on all models and Track mode on SS
- Remote vehicle starter system (with an automatic transmission)
- Driver information center with color display
- Keyless access with push-button start
- Rear vision camera
- Automatic climate control
- Leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel
- LED daytime running lamps
- Capless fuel filler
- Variable-ratio electric power steering
- 8-way power driver, 6-way power passenger seats
- Electronic park brake
- Driver and front passenger knee air bags
Additionally, the popular RS package returns for LT models. It features 20-inch aluminum wheels, High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with LED signature lamps, LED taillamps, RS-specific grille inserts and a rear spoiler.
The Camaro 1SS builds on the equipment included on the 1LT with the RS package, adding unique front and rear fascias, specific grilles, a vented hood, and specific rear spoiler. Additional performance features included on the 1SS include:
- Cooling systems for the differential, transmission and engine oil
- Brembo brakes with four-piston front and rear calipers
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 run-flat tires.
- Active Rev Matching (manual transmission models only)
- Limited slip differential (manual transmission models only)
- Configurable Driver Information Center
Uplevel 2SS models include leather heated and ventilated front seats, wireless phone charging, interior spectrum lighting, heated steering wheel, head-up display, Bose premium audio, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert with Lane Change Alert – included on the 2LT with the Convenience and Lighting Package – and more.
“For the fifth-gen Camaro, nearly two-thirds of Camaro SS buyers selected the 2SS trim,” said Christensen. “For those buyers, the 2016 Camaro 2SS comes with practically every available option. The only additional features available are Magnetic Ride Control suspension, a power sunroof, in-dash navigation, dual-mode exhaust system and an eight-speed automatic transmission.”