2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe is designed to be lighter and more agile. It will be offered in the choice of rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, and 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder engine or a 3.6L six-cylinder one.
ATS Coupe has a new lightweight and strong structure and delivers exhilarating performance and efficiency, as well as segment-leading power-to-weight ratio. The 2.0L Turbo engine has been enhanced and generates nearly 14 percent more torque, taking it to 295 lb-ft (400 Nm).
This of course results in greater pulling power, and helps the ATS Coupe achieve an estimated 0-100 km/h time of 5.6 seconds. The other elements which contribute to the ATS Coupe’s balanced performance and responsive characteristics feature the following:
- Nearly perfect 50/50 weight balance and low center of gravity
- Five-link independent rear suspension featuring lightweight, high-strength steel and efficient straight link designs
- A multi-link double-pivot MacPherson-strut front suspension with direct-acting stabilizer bar
- Underbody aerodynamic shields
- Premium, belt-driven electric variable-effort steering gear from ZF Steering Systems
- Brembo front brakes
- Eighteen-inch aluminum wheels
- Available all-wheel drive
As an option, the ATS features a driver-adjustable FE3 sport suspension, which includes Magnetic Ride Control, a mechanical limited-slip differential, high-capacity engine cooling system and 18-inch summer-performance tires.
The wheelbase of the 2015 ATS Coupe is the same as the one its predecessor had. However, the roof, doors, rear fenders and trunk lid are new to the 2015 model. Also new are the specific front fascia and front fenders that accommodate a wider track than the sedan.
In addition, the wider front/rear tracks give more aggressive stance of the car accompanied by the enhanced short overhangs and sheet metal that wrap tautly around the tires. The car runs on standard 18-inch wheels.
This Cadillac model can be equipped as an option with available LED headlamps with Adaptive Forward Lighting, while the base model comes as a standard with projector-beam headlamps. Performance and Premium collections are equipped with illuminating outside door handles. All models feature LED taillamps and rear-center stop lamp. ATS Coupe also includes capless fueling.
The interior of the luxury car features a driver-focused cabin with handcrafted cut-and-sewn upholstered interior combinations, decorative stitching and authentic materials, including leather, aluminum, carbon fiber and wood. In the optional interior features list are included:
- OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity with natural voice recognition
- Text-to-voice that converts incoming text messages to speech and reads them over the audio system speakers
- USB, auxiliary and SD memory card ports
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio with three-month trial subscription
- Reconfigurable 5.7-inch, three-window instrument panel cluster display
- Full-color reconfigurable head-up display
As a standard all models sport Bose premium audio system with Active Noise Cancelation technology, while the 12-speaker surround sound upgrade is available on Standard and Luxury trims, and it is included with Performance and Premium collections. Also optional is the navigation system which on Luxury and Performance collections, but comes as a standard on the Premium Collection.
As mentioned, the engine lineup includes a standard 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder and an available 3.6L V-6. The first one is rated at 272 horsepower (203 kW) and 295 lb-ft of torque (400 Nm), while the second – at 321 horsepower (239 kW) and 275 lb-ft of torque (373 Nm).
Both engines are equipped with direct injection and dual overhead camshafts with continuously variable valve timing. This results in optimized power and efficiency, as well as reduced emissions. Each powertrain is matched with the Hydra-Matic 6L45 six-speed automatic transmission with tap-shift control, while the six-speed manual one comes as an option only on the cars with the 2.0L Turbo.
In terms of safety technologies, Cadillac provides available advanced safety based on Cadillac’s “control and alert” strategy, which employs up to two cameras, eight ultrasonic sensors and six radar signals to help prevent crashes.
The advanced crash-avoidance systems, such as automatic braking, can pre-fill and automatically apply braking in response to potential hazards. A highlight here is the Fr ont and Rear Automatic Braking, which relies on radar, camera and ultrasonic technology to help the driver prevent front and rear low-speed collisions via a progression of alerts that extend to complete braking.
The brand also offers Driver Awareness and Driver Assist Packages. The Driver Awareness package is available on Luxury and included in Performance and Premium Collections and will offer the following:
- Safety Alert Seat
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keep Assist
- Intellibeam ® high-beam control
- Front and rear park assist
- Rear-vision camera with dynamic guidelines
On the other hand the Driver Assist package is available on Performance and Premium collections and includes all of the Driver Awareness package content, plus:
- Full-Speed Range Adaptive Cruise Control
- Automatic Collision Preparation
- Motorized safety belts
- Electronic Park Brake
- Front and Rear Automatic Braking
- Enhanced Side Blind Zone Alert
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Full-color head-up display
Other ATS safety features are the eight standard air bags, safety belt pretensioners and load limiters, StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with full-function traction control and four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel ABS, patented rotor coating protection and auto-dry functionality. 2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe goes on sale this summer.