2015 GMC Sierra HD All Terrain
is a 4-wheel-drive off-road-inspired vehicle. It has exclusive design and muscular on-road presence. It will be offered on 2500HD and 3500HD double cab and crew cab models, in SLE and SLT trims. In addition, the company is also making an available package for the vehicle – the Z71 Off Road, which includes Rancho twin-tube shocks, hill descent control and a skid plate. Sierra HD is driven by the 6.0L gas engine which comes as a standard. There is an optional Duramax turbo-diesel unit.
The exterior of 2015 GMC Sierra HD All Terrain includes as no-cost-option chrome surround on the grille, exterior graphics, aluminum underbody shields and 8-inch six-spoke chrome cast-aluminum wheels. There are available 20-inch chrome aluminum wheels on the 2500HD.
3500HD adds adjustable outside camper mirrors with a chrome cap, light-emitting diode signature headlamps, body-color bumpers as a standard and optional chrome bumpers, chrome mirrors covers and body side moldings and chrome front-lower bumper plate.
The interior of the vehicle features a carbon fiber-inspired theme. The rearview camera system comes as a standard. As well as the IntelliLink, OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot. SLE and SLT trims will get heated and power-adjustable trailering including auxiliary back-up lamps.
Additional features introduced on the 2015 Sierra HD lineup include:
- CornerStep rear bumper, EZ Lift and Lower tailgate, standard locking tailgate, standard upper tie-downs and other features that make cargo handling easier
- Standard StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control on all models
- Integrated cruise control, auto grade braking and diesel exhaust braking, for greater driving control and reduced brake wear on grades
- Enhanced cooling airflow, which enables the Duramax turbo diesel and 6.0L gas engine to better maintain full power, even under heavy loads and high ambient temperatures
- New Duralife disc brake rotors that offer up to double the service life
In terms of safety, the model is sports forward collision alert, lane departure warning with an active safety seat, front and rear park assist, head-curtain and seat-mounted side airbags. 2015 GMC Sierra HD All Terrain goes on sale this summer.