2015 Ford Mustang fastback is available to be ordered by authorized dealers. The musclecar includes many new standard features such as fully independent suspension, push-button start, next-generation SYNC AppLink and a choice of three powerful engines. In addition, the company is also offering an all-new Mustang EcoBoost and Mustang GT available with 50 Years Appearance Package.
Each of the three available powerplants can be paired with an upgraded six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters. Precisely, the 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine produces more than 305 horsepower (224 kW) and 407 Nm (300 lb.-ft.) of torque and has projected class-leading fuel efficiency.
The upgraded 5.0-liter V8 unit generates more than 420 horsepower (309 kW) and 528 Nm (390 lb.-ft.) of torque. At last, the upgraded 3.7-liter V6 engine delivers up to 300 horsepower (220 kW) and 365 Nm (270 lb.-ft.) of torque. In addition to a sleek new design and dramatically improved cabin, each Mustang comes equipped with a wide range of new standard features:
- Fully independent front and rear suspension for improved driving dynamics and ride quality
- Eight airbags including front, knee and side-impact protection for driver and front passenger
- Individual tire pressure monitor readouts for each wheel
- Rear view camera system
- High-intensity discharge headlamps with signature lighting
- Illuminated, locking glove box
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with manual tilt and telescope adjustment
- Intelligent access, enabling the driver to enter without touching the key fob
- Push-button start
- SYNC connectivity system with next-generation AppLink™ to control smartphone apps with simple voice commands; 4.2-inch color display and two USB ports
If there is a necessity of some sort of technology, Ford is offering a variety of available equipment such as:
- Eight-inch, high-resolution touch-screen display and navigation
- Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert upgraded with Doppler-effect radar sensors to provide both improved sensitivity at longer distances and better resistance to false alerts
- Adaptive cruise control and collision warning for the first time
- Track Apps provide a variety of on-track performance measurements for drivers
- Selectable drive modes feature lets the driver quickly adjust steering, throttle response, shift control and stability control settings by toggling between normal, snow-wet, sport and track modes
- Mustang GT easy to use electronic line lock and a launch control system that manages engine speed and brakes, giving drivers maximum and consistent acceleration at the track
Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition adds the 50 Years appearance package. The latter will be available for the Mustang EcoBoost Premium and Mustang GT Premium models. The appearance package features a chrome-accented grille, round 50 Years rear badge, 19×8.5-inch alloy wheels with 255/40R19 all-season tires, anniversary floor mats and unique seat and door-trim stitching.
2015 Ford Mustang fastback equipped with 3.7-liter V6 engine has a starting price of only $24,425 USD and will be available from Ford dealers in North America this fall.