New for 2012 Model Year:
* Revised 5.4L supercharged engine – different specifications/rating than 2008/2010 model
* Aluminum engine block
* Double keyed crankshaft snout
* Manley H-beam rods
* Improved low-drag racing brakes – Strange Engineering
* Improved rear suspension w/revised rear upper control arm and lower control arm mounts
* Revised and optimized spring rates front and rear
* New design black anodized Cobra Jet wheels – Weld Racing
* Goodyear tires – all new DR compound – Cobra Jet branded
* Brake pedal 2-step switch (micro)
* Optional colors – Race Red, Grabber Blue, and Winner White – no additional charge. Read more!
* 430hp 5.4L DOHC supercharged engine (aluminum block)
* 2.3L TVS Supercharger with twin 65mm dual bore throttle body
* 3-Speed C4 Auto Race Transmission – Joel's on Joy
* 9″ rear axle w/4.29:1 Axle Ratio – Strange Engineering
* NHRA Stock Eliminator legal interior
* 8.50et NHRA certified roll cage
* Estimated weight of 3,200 lbs
* Cobra Jet trim and appearance package
* Drag race wheel/tire combination (Rear Tire 30.0 x 9.0)
* Cobra Jet spring/adjustable damper tuning
* Light-weight, low-drag brakes (manual)
* Red (M-FR500-CJ12R)
* Grabber Blue (M-FR500-CJ12B)
* Winner White (M-FR500-CJ12W)
Optional Graphics Package:
* MSRP: $1,995.00
* Includes: Powered-By-Ford fender emblems, Sweeping Snake side graphics, 5.4 Cobra Jet hood graphics, Ford Racing windshield header decal, Ford oval front fascia decals, Ford oval license plate decal, FR500CJ decklid decal.
* Optional graphics may be unique to Cobra Jet body color.
Optional 4.0L Supercharger upgrade – M-6066-SCJ:
* MSRP: $9,995.00
* Step up to the most powerful combination in NHRA Super Stock. The 500hp 4.0L supercharged 2010 Cobra Jet has delivered mid-8 et's, Class champions, divisional race winners and national records all in its first year on track!
* Ford Racing offers their exclusive upgrade kit to the base 2012 Cobra Jet for the racer looking to perform at the highest levels of NHRA Super Stock Competition.
* Kit includes supercharger, billet throttle-body, complete inlet system with 140mm billet mass-air housing, installation instructions, and exclusive Ford Racing race-ready calibration.
* Final horsepower rating TBD, rating will differ from 500hp 2010 model.
* 4.0L Supercharger upgrade is delivered separately and must be installed by the end user.
Musclevehicles.com - The Ultimate Blog for American Muscle Cars and Muscle Vehicles